History of Updates
11 MAY 2006: - upgraded to WRF 2.1.2
16 NOV 2005: - upgrade to WRF 2.1.1
- MTSAT replaces GOES9 winds
- 4 km grid temporarily unused
13 AUG 2005: - assimilation of GOES9 derived wind
- change of cumulus parameterizations
11 AUG 2005: 3DVAR 2.1. Assimilate QSCAT
8 AUG 2005: upgrade to WRF 2.1 with:
- domains of 60/20/4 km grid sizes
- no cumulus parameterization in 4 km domain
3 MAY 2005: Lambert conformal projection replaces Mercator projection.
29 APR 2005: Revised time steps for the 54 km domain. Smoothing of feedback turned off.
28 APR 2005: Using cumulus parameterization in the 6 km domain. Smoothing of feedback. New surface layer and boundary layer options.
26 APR 2005: Noah LSM back to operation. Using GFS 1.0 degree soil fields.
25 APR 2005: The Noah land surface model is temporarily replaced by a temperature diffusion scheme due to run-time errors.
24 APR 2005: Using GFS products of 0.5 degree resolution instead of 1.0 degree resolution
21 APR 2005: Beginning of trial operation. Main features include:
- WRF Version 188.8.131.52 EM core
- Mercator projection, 54/18 km domains centered at 20N, 115E
- moving 6 km nest to resolve inner core of selected tropical cyclones
- 31 vertical levels
- NCEP GFS analysis and boundary conditions only
- 72 hour forecast, twice-daily (00Z and 12Z base time)